Saturday, August 4, 2012

A hard week...

This week has been hard.  Overall I feel okay, though I don't think I am sleeping as well as I should be.  I'm planning on researching what may be causing that issue.  But anyways, this week I wanted to eat SUGAR and BREAD!  I guess I have reached the magical time when my body says "Enough" and craves the 'old ways'.  





I did not give in to temptation, as I have had more results in my weight, body, energy in the last 4 weeks then I have in the last 4 years!  I just can't turn my back on all the work I have done to feel well for a momentary craving (which is huge progress!).  I still lost weight this week, 0.8 pounds, given the challenge of this week, I'm proud of myself.


I've now finished the 5K 101 Program from Running Mate.  It was awesome and inspiring.  I can actually 'run' for 30 minutes without stopping!  I'm not sure where to go from here, mainly because I never thought I would get to 'here'.  I would like to add some weight training to my routine, now that I feel more confident in my physical self.  I'll update with what I decide to add in a later post.

2 comments:

  1. When I got rid of bread and sugar I had a few weeks of sleeplessness...accompanied with headaches and crankiness...however, it passed (after about 2.5) weeks, and I've been sleeping like a champ since! Sometimes these symptoms come on at different times for people, so check out symptoms associated with cutting those out of your diet...you may be enlightened!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I've actually figured out (I think) that it was a supplement that was causing my blood pressure to go too low- which would wake me up! I'm sleeping better now (it's just everything else that still seems like a struggle)

    ReplyDelete